A Schooling in Nutrition

Southwest Institute of Healing Art's has several programs to teach students about nutrition.  And not your typical SAD diet stuff.  My first class was four weeks long, Nutrition Therapies, and was talk by Don Matesz - somewhat of a paleo guru and follower. 

The material covered was fascinating.  The benefits and downfalls (almost all fall here) of over twelve diets were discussed.  Other than Paleo and perhaps the Chinese diet have enough benefits to feed a person successfully long term. What was more interesting was the type of diets people in the class had tried or were trying.  There is so much misinformation surrounding diets - it's interesting what people will try.  A couple of people were even on the 500 calorie diet!!  No thank you!

Whole Foods Cuisine is my next course. I'm excited to learn how to make healthy meals and get to eat them in class too.  I need an apron and knives as material for the course - how cool is that.

More classes are in my future.  Maybe one day I'll discover how to use all this knowledge to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment