Brain mush. That's the unfortunate result of sitting at work for eight hours (bored) - I'm a network administrator. It's just not challenging enough and quite frankly, I'm not interested in continuing this career route. I completed my MBA in marketing the beginning of this year. But a BS in MIS and a MBA in MKT doesn't provide a strong skill-set in this economy for a different job other than entry level. I like marketing, but don't feel compelled enough to jump ship yet.
So I have to figure out what I like to do and what makes me happy and determine if there is anything that would pay me to be happy doing it. For starters, I like working out and figuring out how to be healthier. I like talking to other fitness minded individuals. I enjoy researching new workout programs. I'll never be a chef, but I love cooking healthy food that TASTES good.
What foods should I eat, how much, what type of supplements, how can I prevent taking medicine? these are questions that intrigue me. And I'm naturally drawn to the magazines and books at the stores to read all the conflicting information. It's confusing - but it's an experiment and it's fun.
So how do I combine what I know and love into a future career? Well, I started by becoming CrossFit Level 1certified. This cert helped me better understand one way of physically training the body. I enrolled in a nutrition course through a local community college - but the class was dropped due to low enrollment. Bah! But today I was told about a new school. After looking at the school's site, I'm so excited, that when I told the BF, I was talking a mile a minute. The school has a degree in Holistic Heath care with Western Herbalism and Holistic Nutrition - the courses offered sound so cool - botany, herbalism, whole food cuisine. I just know this is the school for me and that I might actually be on the right track now towards doing something that I'm passionate about. How appropriate that the school's tagline is: "choose courses that excite your soul"
No comments:
Post a Comment