Week of November 2nd: workouts

Monday:
4x, 20# KB
- 50 mountain climbers
- 10 EA side ax chop
- 10 EA side reverse lunge press
- 30 lateral ball slams

3x, 20# KB
- 10 swing release burpees

3x + 2, 8# sledge hammer
- 10 sledge hammer burpees

Tuesday:
3x, 22# DB
- 10 DB Olympic cleans
- 10 DB presses
- 10 DB DLHP

3x (15#, 22#)
- 10 thrusters
- 10 rows EA Side

3x, 22# DB
- 10 Right Side snatches
- 15 DB situps
- 10 Left Side snatches


18 - 15- 12 - 9 - 6 - 3 (63)
- medicine ball slam burpees

Wednesday:
Rest day - I sat on by butt ALL night.  Actually, didn't even enjoy it.
- 30 burpees

Thursday:
I liked this workout. There's something that gets the adrenaline pumping by moving heavy weight overhead.  I might have been able to push more weight, but I kept a decent pace and kept pushing.  The blisters on my hands are a nice trophy for my effort.

All on right then all on left, 26# KB, 3x
- 10 Floor Press
- 10 Row
- 10 Clean
- 10 Press

26# KB, Ladder 1-5/5-1
- High Pull/Snatch

3x
- 20 Half Turn Swings (26# KB)
- 10 Side Press Windmills each side (18# KB)

Saturday:
Today's workout was from the coach's perspective. Kevin had to take a test today (which I know he smoked) and he kindly asked me to teach his morning class.  Thanks SO much Kevin!  I jumped at the idea, but the nerves came immediately.  Not to worry though.  After the class started, I got my groove.  It was difficult watching instead of participating - but the workout looked grueling, so maybe today was the day to coach :-)  The althletes did a great job.

"Baseball" as many innings in 30 minutes
- Batter's box: 10 burpees
- Up for bat: straight-onb sledge hammer
- First base: Deadlift sand bag to shoulders
- Second base: American Swings
- Third base: reverse weighted lunges
- Home: dumbbell cleans

No comments:

Post a Comment