


The "food" holidays have officially begun. Halloween ushers in with it a gluttony of candy and sugary treats; only to be followed by the smorgasbords of Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts. The next few months will be a test in will power.
For me, resistance to comfort food will be the hardest. There are two factors that will produce road blocks on my path to eating healthy. 1. All of my family is too far away 2. Arizona is too hot during the winter season so the holidays never feel "right". Food seems the the easiest way to recreate the memories of all the good times and help provide homage to my family. I know that isn't reasonable, but it happens. I really want to avoid this trap this year. I have no more vacations days left, so traveling to see the family is out.
Planning a Thanksgiving menu with tons of veggies and turkey will probably work out OK. I think I may have even seen a post for Paleo apple pie. But will others eat and enjoy? Or should I just give in, control my portions and let others take care of themselves?
Then there's Christmas and the fabulous Polish perogies. How do I eat just one?
Maybe coming up new traditions that don't involve food will satisfy what seems to be missing. Maybe bowling, or a holiday workout?
What are you doing to control yourself during the holidays?
No comments:
Post a Comment