Prileo

Prileo defn. a combination of primal and paleo eating habits; the dieter is not 100% on-board with either, but recognizes the benefits of both and strives to be in at least 90% adherence to the combination of the two.


I totally think eating more paleo is the right way for everyone. Other than vegetarians, who can disagree with the fact that the food a paleo dieter eats (lean meat, vegetables, fruits, seeds, and nuts) is bad for anyone?! It's not processed and all the food contains good stuff.

Primal folks believe that a few legumes, fatter meats, and dairy are ok additions to the basics of paleo eating. I agree with this to a point. Little fat once in a while and “good” dairy products in moderation are great if tolerated by the dieter.

In my case, if the cheese is not packaged and not generic, I may eat it. For example, if a salad comes with cheddar, I usually skip it. Feta and blue cheese - I'm OK with; usually because the flavors are so intense, only a little is required. Also, goat and sheep’s' milk - AOK.

I enjoy food. And becoming prileo had helped me discover new foods, new cooking tools, and new ways of eating. Eating is more of a joy now than it was while eating the SAD. I can create dishes and combinations that satisfy my hunger and don't bore my taste buds. And it's great that my parents are paleo too. They were the ones that introduced me to the Slap Chopper and the emulsifier. Great tools in the kitchen.

I say try prileo for a month, and you too with be raving.

No comments:

Post a Comment