There's a list of elements that need to be covered by the wedding budget.
1. Venue
2. Caterer
3. Baker
4. Officiant
5. Decoration
6. Photographer
ONE. The venue is picked and the reserved for our date. That was a big relief and I'm super stoked about the location. The site is ours for the day and we have the use of two banquets halls inside and the entire garden outside. The ceremony will be under the 2nd largest mesquite tree in AZ and I'm told the venue will be in full bloom with flowers.
TWO. The caterer isn't booked yet, but we've talked and are just trying to get our schedules to meld for a tasting. That'll probably happen next month. But regardless, we have plans B through C that would still keep us happy.
THREE. I've chatted with a local baker at a downtown coffee shop and she's agreed to bake pies and assorted mini desserts for our day. Next week she's supposed to call for us to take home some slices of apple and cherry pies. Yummm. Early perks!
FOUR. We're looking for someone non-denominational and that will only need to be available for 15 minutes. I've done some searching on the local sites and the closest match would be $500. I don't know if that is normal, but it seems high. I'm willing to consider the driving time and the procession and the vows may all take an hour. But $500 for an hour seems extreme. I've been trying to talk friends into going online and getting certified for the task, but no takers. A friend of Ethel's (one of my BMs) gave me the number of her officiant and I've called and left a VM. Maybe soon we'll have this one taken care of as well.
FOUR B. Speaking of which, my future hubby thinks I'm a bit nuts doing all this planning 6 months early! It seems a little odd to me as well, but I know the time of year is very popular and for some things, people are booked.
FIVE. Thanks to Ethel, we've got ideas and projects brewing. Lots of DIY projects which I can't wait to start. And since I've been planning early, I've been able to discover and couple of way to save some money and time. Nice.
SIX. I blew the budget. Well, honestly, it wasn't going to happen - but I still keep it my goal to stay close and find budget savy ways to save. Between the venue and the food, I only had $1000 to spend on the baker, the officiant, decorations, and the photographer. Do-able, but eh, not worth the stress over some arbitrary number. All this talk to say we have a photographer. Again, a day insant messaging with Ethel and things begin to come to fruition. It was her sluething and contacts that helped me choose Michael Andrews Photography. (I would have picked Ethel, but since she's a BM that day, she's not allowed to work). Michael costs more than I ever thought we'd spend, but I love his work and we clicked over a phone convo. I want to be one of the cute couples he has on his site and blog :-) Strange thing, I really don't have buyer's remorse. If our pics look like the ones he's posted then I'll be ever grateful for having spent the money. AND, every married woman that I've talked with says - spend the money for quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment