Buying in

As I age, I feel there are certain accomplishments that I should achieve to be considered "normal". However, I don't want kids and I've done the married thing (I much rather be in LOVE with my BF than put a title on our relationship) and I've even owned a few houses. I owned one on my own and one with the Ex. I enjoyed the smaller one I had all to myself. Which brings me to my current situation. My BF and I are completely content to live apart, and we both actually think it works out best for us. No plans to marry or move in together probably ever - I think we'd marry before we ever moved in together - and marriage wouldn't necessitate that. Not so normal - but it works for us. straying from the topic Anyway, I'm thinking of bidding on a house at an auction this month. I'm so excited! I've never been to an auction so buying a major item this way seems a little intimidating. The thing with auctions is that you get the house as-is. The one I want smells like cat pee. Cat pee that has been locked inside a house without AC for who-knows how long in the AZ heat - appealing, no?! I would have to tear out the nasty carpet and ugly linnolium (not a bad thing anyway). Painting all the walls with Kilz would be necessary too - just to make sure that the smell didn't leak through. I would have a chance to start from scratch. Really start from scratch. I'm looking forward to it all - now to just win the bid.

1 comment: