Challenges

There are several health and fitness challenges in progress on the blogs that I follow. For example:

  • Eat clean Paleo for 30 days (Eat meat & vegetables, nuts & seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar)
  • Eat more greens (limit the amount of fruit)
  • Sleep at least 8 hours a night
  • 100 Burpees (1 day one, 2 day two... 10 day ten, etc.)

All of these are excellent concepts and I should try every one of them. However, eating more greens and sleep are probably the best for me and the areas in which I have the hardest time adhering. But, which one(s) have I chosen to do? Officially, the 100 Burpee Challenge from missmuffetsmuses.blogspot.com/ I strongly encourage you to buy-in now and join the fun! At this point, I'm not even a little nervous - but it's only day 3. I'm probably the only person I know that likes burpees (flying burpees are my favorite) and I really enjoy working out and getting my body to accomplish things that were once not even goals on my horizon.

But what I desperately need is sleep. But it's so boring and I feel like I can be doing so much more with my time. I actually tried the sleep challenge Monday but failed miserably. But this weekend I'm going to give it my all. I might even sign up on theclothesmakethegirl.blogspot.com/ or www.byersgetsdiesel.com/ to hold myself accountable. But I feel like I need to test the waters first - I hate failing!

I'm doing a milder version of the Paleo - like "day 31 Paleo" - where I try to limit the not allowed foods to 1 group a day and in moderation of course. It works - I've lost weight and I can see my little 3 pack more. Only my left set of abs peaks out - what's up with that?!

I bought lots of vegetables this week and have started doing the eat more veggies plan which really helps with the "kinda Paleo" thing. I had an awesome dinner last night of Cauli- Fried "rice". The dog even loved it! Not one single pea on the floor from the dog :-) I also made some bean-free chili and have been eating spinach and mushroom omelets and turkey sausage for breakfast. I'm going to make Mel's Sunshine sauce this weekend and cut up all my veggies for yummy snacks. Even bought a crock pot with warmer and a food processor this week. I'm going to the store to buy more spices and some sea kelp noodles (I'm going to make this awesome Paleo chicken Alfredo recipe. I'm really getting into the cooking - it's just a lot of prep time and not too cheap. I printed out a lot of Paleo recipes and I'm psyched to start with full gusto this long weekend.


Be fit and healthy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment