For the past three years, it has traditionally been my responsibility to cook the Thanksgiving meal for Jack's family and our friends. It's a fair trade - Jack's mom makes homemade perogi for Christmas - it's the least I can do!
Other than the turkey, mashed potatoes and apple/cherry pie, I typically am flexible with the menu. This year, Jack and I are much more conscientious about what we eat. We follow a sudo-paleo diet. No grains, sugar, dairy - but meat, veggies, fruits and nuts are allowed. We fudge and dip into each no-no in moderation.
Since it's not just the two of us, I have to consider what others might eat. Other than my mandate by Jack to make the regular apple/cherry pie (I even found a paleo version), I have the green light to go paleo. Here's the menu (subject to change):
Turkey
Maybe stuffing?
Stuffed mushrooms
Sweet potato steak fries
Green beans
Brussel spouts
Carrots
Whole cranberries with oranges - nuked
Macaroons (I have found a paleo recipe)
Apple/cherry pie (not paleo)
No comments:
Post a Comment