I've always had a list of things I want to do during my life since I was a little kid. Way before I saw the movie "Bucket List" (twice - but not because I liked it, only because it was playing on the plane both ways). When I was younger - I wanted to be a cheerleader - it is on that younger me's list. I don't remember that girl, but I think it's great that it's on there because it shows that I've always been open to try new things. Do I think it's a failure if I never touted a short skirt and yelled cheers to a crowd? Do I think it's a failure if I don't accomplish everything on my list today. No and No. I think it's a great to always have aspirations; otherwise, how do we know where we want to go and what direction to take? My list evolves as I evolve. Items gets marked off when I do them or when I've outgrown them. It's the adventure and the pursuits that fill my bucket.
Here's my grown-up list (as of today, maybe tomorrow, and possibly for the future):
+ Get my Masters degree
+ Get a personal trainer
- Go up in a hot air balloon
- Do the "fake" free fall wind tunnel thing
- Rock Climb
+ Go on a cruise
- Ride in a helicopter and learn to hover it
- I want to travel. The place is not important. The how is not important. However, the people and the adventure are important. I don't want to just go. I want to see and do and share the experience with my friends and family.
- Go to Dubai, UAE
- Go to Peru (Machu Pichu)
- Travel to Holland for the tulips
- Visit Alaska
- Take a river cruise on the Nile
- See plays/musicals
- Les Miserables
- Phantom of the Opera
+ Cats (this sucked)
+ Annie
- Skrek
- Sleep on a train
- Go on a photo safari
- Learn to scuba dive
- Go white water rafting
- Do the Susan G Komen 3 day walk
- See the aurora borealis
- Stay in an ice hotel (1 night is good)
- Ice fish
- Ride a snow mobile
- Ice climb
- Dog Sled
+ Kayak
+ Learn to box
- Water ski
- Go to the Olympics
- Use the zero gravity room/ plane
- Learn another language and use it
- Work for myself
- Live in another country
- Drive a stick
- fly in plane and pull some Gs
Little Peachy List:
- Become a cheerleader
+ Go to college
+ Ride a subway
- Have kids or adopt
- Become famous
- Become a scientist
+ Get married
- Have children (at least two of my own and adopt one)
- Become famous
- Write a book
- Have a food fight
- Play Juliet in Shakespere
- Talk to the President
- Dye my hair brown
- Stay in a penthouse
- Model for a magazine
+ Go to Europe
+ Go to a wedding
- Raise a pig
- See the leaning tower of Pisa
- Fill in for a news broadcaster or radio broadcaster
- Have a surprise party
- Donate my body to science
- Find a cure for AIDS and Cancer
+ Ride in a limo
No comments:
Post a Comment