#Fail.
Went to see Sweet Charity at the Tempe Arts Center this weekend. It was a beautiful facility and the location was right on the Tempe Lake (by the "dam"). The ushers and staff were all very friendly. We sat in the second row in the cozy little theater - great seats at great prices. But unfortunately, that's about it for the good stuff. Oh, no one forgot their lines :-)
I'll preface by saying, the actors/singers/dancers were all volunteer. Bravo for doing the performance for the "love" of it. Some could have sang a little better, and danced a little better. The main character, Charity, came onstage and took a few scenes before she came over her stage fright. In the group sing-a-longs, there always seemed to be one person way off key and a little too high pitched. There was also the ditracting element of this young girl who needed to eat - badly. I was afraid she might break on stage she was so skinny. Her legs were smaller than my arms!
Overall, I had fun because I was hanging out with the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment