As part of my new year's resolution for 2010, I decided to see a musical every month. My friend BJ has committed to doing this as well. So far, we've seen Sweeney Todd, Annie, Mary Poppins, and Avenue Q. While they have all been very good, Avenue Q was, in my opinion, the very best.
We had no idea going into the show what the story was about other than it involved puppets and was not meant to be seen by kids. ??? Uh, yeh. R-rated musical! Awesome. Have you seen puppets have sex? Well, I have, and it was so funny.
I can now tell you the story line, but you still won't "get" it. All I can say is characters like Gary Coleman, a puppet monster into porn, and one of the musical numbers joyfully singing about how "everyone is a little racist". And what was that rumor about bert and Ernie??
Just go see it.

No comments:
Post a Comment