It's spring break this week AND Kevin's studio is getting a little remodeling done. I'm a lucky girl, 'cause I get to coach the 6:15PM class this week (and the Saturday class too). I'm excited. I'm nervous. Since we'll be meeting in the park, we're doing completely body weight exercises. The only equipment we'll have will be the jump ropes. Oh, I've been planning out the entire week.
Jenn was the only one to show up :-( But we had fun anyway. I did the workout with her - that girl has more energy than the Energizer Bunny!
3x
- 50 tuck jumps
- 50 mountain climbers
- 50 side squats
Tabata: planks
THEN, Jenn talked me into going to the
Tuesday:
This was a good class tonight. 3 people showed and we all had a good time. The second time through, the new guy - John, had to sub jumping squats in place of the flying burpees and we need to work on the jump rope skills. The the grass gave me a nice rash that felt like a sunburn. Everyone did an outstanding job.
AMRAP in 20 minutes
- Flying burpees from and to the next light post
- Sprint back
- 25 knees to chest situps
3x
- 100 jumping jacks or until someone finishes 100 jumping jacks
Wednesday:
It's spring break and St. Patty's Day, I'm doubtful anyone will show. But we'll be celebrating the lucky Irish if they do. UPDATE: No workout tonight
17x
- 7 jumping squats
- 7 belly busters
- 7 jumping jacks
- 7 situps
Tabata: Sprints
Thursday:
Another fun night. Everyone did a great job. John and I spent a few minutes before class on the mechanics of the TGU - fast learner. With Katie's knee problems, the stiches in Brent's finger, and John being a newbie, this workout actually worked out.
- 25 jump rope
- 10,9,8,7,...1
- TGU
Tabata: choice of squats or sprints (John and I did squats while Brent and Katie chased each other - it was cute)
Friday:
Me, Myself, and I showed up. The coach, Me, should be shot thinking that 90 seconds of jump roping is good for you. I'd get to 1 minute and think the timer died... Ugh.
- 90 second of jump rope
- 50,40, 30, 20, 10
- walking lunges
- pushups (regular, wide, tricep, diamond, incline)
- situps
Saturday:
No one showed for class this morning. Luckily I brought the dog, she got some exercise and we walked the park.
Sprints:
Morgan and I did the sprints. I don't like running - there's not much more I can say.
3x, 2 legs
- sprint 50, walk to the start of the next straight, sprint the whole straight (100), walk around to the next straight and then spint 150, walk to the start of the next curve then sprint 200, walk all the way around to the original starting point REPEAT
No comments:
Post a Comment